Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inspired by Julia Child ....

I now vow to become a regular blogger, as inspired by the movie Julie-Julia. I'm a decent cook, but a horrible baker! So maybe I'll work on that  :)

Here are some links to the facebook random photos of miss Jocelyn in case you don't use FB.
1. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.922902249433.2643282.10211634&l=4443433333
 
2. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100265225148573.2721984.10211634&l=24546bc474

Jocelyn is 2 months old in 2 days. She now smiles and makes the cutest coo-ing noises. She holds her head up and has this adorable way of looking like a bobble head.



Her and butters are great friends. He says hello with his customary snort and sneeze.




There are a few things we have concluded are ESSENTIAL with a baby from 0 - 60 days old:
1. Swaddlers
2. White noise maker/Sleepy Sheep
3. Baby 411 book
4. Plenty of your favorite beverage: mine is cabernet wine.
5. A hobby that gives you the excuse for one hour far far away from the crying

** recommended goodies: the 'breast-friend' baby pillow, binkies/pacifiers, the ability to shamelessly sing and dance for baby




Project #1: I have also embarked on my "fear factor" project to sew. I will sew something!!!
I am making a purse: http://www.simplicity.com/p-5265-bags.aspx   (right hand bag)

Project #2: Knitting birdies... I figured out that the pattern wasn't the best because my birds look like whales... what do you think?
http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/455010.html




Most Recent Project: Finished!
It is a cabled beret... in lieu of Julia Child and France.


More projects coming soon....

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this blog! First off, she is soo cute. I see both you and Ryan in her! She makes some funny faces. Those must be ryan's!

    And, great movie! It's a good inspiration. You sound like you are keeping busy. I love love love the hat! Ok I have said enough! Maybe I should update my own blog? Haha! <3colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your blog so I can learn. What is a "swaddler"?

    ReplyDelete