Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Dr. and Dr. McKeown--August was a fun filled month!

Hola,

So after the wonderful news about hearing we are expecting a baby girl, Ryan and I celebrated my PhD graduation. I have to admit, I should have hounded him to do his, but alas we didn't. Here is the throwback photo to August 2013 when Ryan finished!!! We were a bit excited here so it's a tad blurry.He is an incredibly talented, hard-working, handsome man and we are very proud of him. There are definitely more than 3 adjectives to describe Ryan, and I'm sure Ryan has at least a few favorites himself :) Kidding.

August 2013



But we both want to thank our families very much for being in our lives and helping us to get through it all from the beginning to the end. It was a big team effort, so thanks to everyone!!


Here we are after 6 years of graduate school, one pug, a happily married couple,
and two little girls later: Dr. and Dr. McKeown

August 2014



Family photo :) We didn't get one with the 'get up',
 but definitely awesome to get all 4 of us in one frame.



Ryan you are a rock star and my rock. I am really glad we found each other in graduate school. You always listened, encouraged, hugged, and fought for me to finish. Thank you. And to think, I have a murder mystery party and Ryan's wily charms to thank for meeting such an incredible friend and husband. Some of our best memories and moments in our lives as individuals and as a family took place while at Penn State. Like our Lady J! The friends we met there are like a second family to us. We miss you all very much, and wish you all the best on your new adventures. Looking back, State College was good to us. Thanks Happy Valley!

J thought my outfit was hilarious. I have to agree--it's unique! It's no Elsa dress :)


My two lovely ladies :) 



  Here is a throw back to my HIGH school graduation... love these two guys.  And thanks to my brother Eric for being my partner in crime and best friend growing up. I miss and love you to pieces.




It was wonderful to share this time with my Dad too. Love you Abuelo. It was great to share this time with you in person :)


Thank you Dad for all your encouragement, strength and guidance from my first days in Kindergarten until now!! My Dad reminded me of all the times I spent studying to get to this moment. If my math undergrad serves me right, it was approximately 25 years of schooling (with a few breaks for summer vacation and living abroad-- a girl needs a break once in awhile). It was all very worth it!! 

Here are some action shots going up the ramp. Thanks Ryan for catching these. My main goal: don't trip!






Thanks also to our incredible friends that came out for a celebratory BBQ. We feasted! Unfortunately, we were so busy there are no pictures, but here is a lovely morning shot the next day of Jocelyn and her Woodruff sister buddies Ellen, Anna and Lucy. Thanks for hosting us Kate and Matt  :)



Before the caravan arrived back home, we had an incredible reunion with my Aunt Maria Pilar, her brother Rafael, husband Jack, daughter Cassandra and her boyfriend Ryan. Many years had passed since all these faces got to laugh and tell jokes together. The weekend was truly fantastic.







We sadly had to say goodbye to Abuelo... until next time!



<3 <3

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely family photos. Congrats to Dr. and Dr. McKeown!!

    ReplyDelete